Rooibos tea, or more commonly known as Red Bush tea, has been referred to as the South African wonder tea, and I have to agree.
As a dancer I already know dancing is a great way to keep fit and healthy but I am always looking for ways to be a little more healthy and simply changing my English Breakfast tea to a South African one…. That’s easy!
Rooibos tea makes an amber red cuppa, with a distinctive aroma and a clean, refreshing taste. It can be enjoyed with or without milk and because it is naturally sweet it can easily be enjoyed without sugar or artificial sweeteners making it completely calorie free!
The benefits of drinking Rooibos Tea
– Naturally caffeine free (Not chemically removed!)
– Extremely hydrating
– Help prevent diseases such as atherosclerosis, arthritis, heart disease & cancer.
– Lower cholesterol
– Aid a restful nights sleep.
– Help relieve tired legs, muscle cramps & general aches and pains
– Protect your liver
– Maintain healthy bones, teeth & gums
– Soothe painful stomach cramps & colic in children
– Maintain a healthy digestive system and enhance metabolism
– Avoid painful headaches
– Help fight allergies
– Improve memory skills
– Support healthy skin and can relieve certain skin conditions such as eczema, acne and nappy rash when the cold tea bag is applied directly to the affected area.
For dancers and athletes it is so important to maintain a healthy body and mind, staying hydrated and free from artificial toxins with allow you to always perform at your best.
Rooibos/ Red Bush tea can be purchased at most supermarkets so why don’t you give it a try, we’d love to know what you think.
I have switched over to the red leaves and I can happily say I love it!
- Top of the class Capezio Elite dancing shoes
- May Special Offer for Teachers